Skip to main content

MY HOLY GRAIL ACNE TREATMENT + ROUTINE

pick
So a lot of us suffer from the tyranny of oily skin. I’m a victim too. Although I do not have oily skin, mine is more of a combination type where you have an oily T-zone, but trust me it’s not any better. Before you know it you wake up to the worst breakout imaginable! Hence people like me have to prioritize anti acne and anti-breakout skin routines.
getty_rf_photo_of_asian_woman_with_acne

Now I have been trying out almost anything new that comes out with the words anti acne on the label. But most of the time all I had to experience was utter disappointment.

Up until last year when I came across Avon Clearskin Professional acne treatment system. It consists of three components or steps, which are a scrub, toner pads and finally a lotion. The set retails for $28 and contains 3 full sized components. The individual price for the scrub is $8, the toner pads are for $10 and the lotion is $17.
prod_1067543_xl

WHAT IT SAYS ON THE PACKAGING:

3-step full-size regimen kit designed to fight all phases of the acne cycle—before, during and after a breakout. Skin looks clearer in 3 days. Formulated with a blend of key ingredients:
• Salicylic Acid – OTC active treatment to clear, reduce & help prevent acne blemishes.-
• Glycolic Acid – An effective skin retexturizer.
• Exclusive Zinc Hexapeptide-11 – Designed to help control surface oil in oily-prone skin.
TO USE
prod_1051077_xl
• Step 1 Cleanse Deep Pore Cleansing Scrub contains our exclusive Oil Control System. Exfoliates pores; leaves skin feeling cool, clean and healthier-looking. 4.2 fl. oz.




prod_1051080_xl


• Step 2: Tone Clarifying Toner Pads specially formulated to help retexturize, calm and soothe; skin looks and feels smoother after just one use. 45 pads.


prod_1051081_xl

• Step 3: Treat Daily Correcting Lotion multi-tasking treatment lotion visibly minimizes pores and controls surface oil. Proven to even skin tone. 2 fl. oz.


MY VERDICT:

To be honest, at first I did not feel any difference. I thought I should stop using it. But after a week, the product turned out to be miraculous! Not only did it stop the breakouts, but also helped get rid of the pimples that were on my skin. It made my skin feel really clean and fresh even after a long day at work where my skin was exposed to dirt and pollution.
youthfulskin
What I personally loved about this was that it mattified my skin in just 2 weeks. Plus I had a very bad habit of popping my pimples which left small spots or scars on my face that I couldn’t get rid of. I tried and tested so many things, but nothing helped. So just after a week or so of using these products, I felt that those spots were lighting down. Within a month of usage, the spots had completely vanished.
Continuous usage did stop breakouts in the future too. Now I use it just twice a week or at times even once and it helps. I totally love this system. It is affordable and does the job in no time.

MY ROUTINE:

When I started using the treatment, I followed all the three steps in the morning.
I used the scrub first, rubbed it onto my skin in circular motions for a minute or two. After I’d washed it up, I pat dry my face with a clean towel and then rubbed a toner pad onto my skin. I waited for the toner to air dry on my face, and once my face is all dried up, I put on the lotion on the areas where I needed it.
This was my morning facial routine. At night however, I skipped the 2nd and 3rd step, and just used the scrub on my face. And went to bed. I followed this regimen for almost 3 weeks give or take, and after than I realized that my skin was a little drying out.
So by what I figured out, it was because of the salicylic acid that was controlling the oil in my skin. Therefore I started using it less often, say 3 to 4 times a week, skipping a day in between, and with the passage of time, I limited the usage to once or twice a week.
I’m still using it every week and ever since the day I’ve started using it, I’ve never experienced breakouts! So this product did actually work for me and now this is one of my Holy Grail products and I always keep going back for it.
I hope this turns out helpful to those suffering from breakouts. I highly recommend this system as it is suited for all skin types.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Life Update! I Got Nikkahfied! Detailed Post!!!

Hey Everyone Welcome Back To My Blog!! I know my regular readers are asking me every now and then where have I been in the past couple of weeks, and also why am I so MIA on the blog. Well the reason is stated in the title! I got Nikkahfied on 16th April, 2017, and this is the main reason for me being not active on the blog! So the preps actually started in late January, I wanted a dress that spoke to me, so I wanted to be sure that I am choosing something that I have always imagined myself wearing on my big day. Although I will be having a proper wedding in future, so I wanted to keep it as minimalist as possible, and also chic at the same time. I did not want a total bridal vibe, but simultaneously, I wanted something that made me stand out of the crowd. So I bought an embellished fabric from Rabi Centre, that's located in Bahria Town Phase 7, and I wanted it to be stitched as a floor length Maxi dress. The tailor however did not follow my instructions, and made a floor le

MAKEUP 101! BUILDING YOUR BASIC MAKEUP KIT!

Hey Everyone Welcome Back To My Blog! Now when I started doing my own makeup, I remember there was no youtube or blogs that helped me get started! So I was totally clueless as to what I should or should not do. I bought tons of lipsticks, and eyeshadows, and I thought I was good to go. Trust me when I first started off, I had no idea about what a foundation is and even when I knew that it is the base of all the makeup, I thought it was something that you shouldn’t put on every time you do your makeup, I thought it was supposed to be for a special occasion! So I had to struggle a lot when I first started doing my makeup! That’s why I’m writing this post to help out all the beginners out there as to what they need for a basic starter makeup kit! This can also be used as an everyday makeup look kit which you can put together and use everyday for when you don’t want to go full glam! So let’s get started! BE SMART! So the first thing anyone who is new to makeup would and should do

REVIEW!!! PROJECT BEAUTY HAIRGURT !

Hey Everyone Welcome Back To My Blog! Now when I shared my first ever Boxycharm experience with you guys, I told you all that I’ll be reviewing most of the products individually, so as promised, here’s a complete review of the Project Beauty Hairgurt Smoothing Yogurt Hair Masque! So if you’re someone who has been following my blog for some time now, you must know that ever since I underwent some health issues, that caused my hair to fall out and become extremely dry, damaged, and brittle, I’ve been trying out loads and loads of hair products just to get my hair back to it’s healthy self! And so I was really excited when I received this product in my Boxycharm. As soon as I got my hands on it, I jumped into the shower to try it on, so could share with you guys my personal opinions about the product. But first, let’s get into what the website has to say about it! CLAIMS ON THE WEBSITE! So in the intro, the website stated the following: “Wondering when your hair got a mi