Skip to main content

Life Update! I Got Nikkahfied! Detailed Post!!!

Hey Everyone Welcome Back To My Blog!! I know my regular readers are asking me every now and then where have I been in the past couple of weeks, and also why am I so MIA on the blog. Well the reason is stated in the title! I got Nikkahfied on 16th April, 2017, and this is the main reason for me being not active on the blog!


So the preps actually started in late January, I wanted a dress that spoke to me, so I wanted to be sure that I am choosing something that I have always imagined myself wearing on my big day. Although I will be having a proper wedding in future, so I wanted to keep it as minimalist as possible, and also chic at the same time. I did not want a total bridal vibe, but simultaneously, I wanted something that made me stand out of the crowd.

So I bought an embellished fabric from Rabi Centre, that's located in Bahria Town Phase 7, and I wanted it to be stitched as a floor length Maxi dress. The tailor however did not follow my instructions, and made a floor length Peshwas instead! Which actually made me pretty mad at first, but when I tried it on, It actually looked decent enough to be worn on the occasion.





I wanted to get a soft glam on my Nikkah, and was not at all keen on spending a fortune on just a makeover that would last me a few hours. So I researched a lot, and the names that people suggested were none other than Sadaf Farhan, Jugnu, Moshaz, and Hermain.
Being honest I love Hermain, but considering that she is located in E/11, Islamabad, it would've taken me forever to reach the salon in the morning, and then get back to the venue on time, as my Nikkah was on the same date as Easter, the roads were expected to be blocked. So with a heavy heart, I had to skip on her.

Sadaf Farhan no doubt is a maestro, but I feel like all her brides have the same glittery, golden smoked out eye with a signature red lip, and I was not keen on getting the same look. Also another reason, her charges for the Nikkah brides are extremely high. So paying around 20-30 K for a subtle makeup look is not something I'm up for!

Jugnu's brides, I felt like wasn't something I wanted to look like on my Nikkah. Wedding Maybe, but certainly not my Nikkah. So that was a no too. Finally Moshaz I did like, but their Nikkah bride was charged at 25K excluding services and mehndi, and so this was a fail for me too.

Finally I came across Safia, who has been working as a MUA at Kami's Salon for years, and she happened to be the MUA for my best friend at her wedding too. After exploring, I found out that she quit working at Kami's, and started her own salon near Commercial Market, Satellite Town. Which was pretty feasible for me, both economically, as well as location wise. She gave me a soft pink smokey eye, and paired it with a peachy Pink nude lipstick. The contour was not to harsh, almost minimal just to enhance my facial features a tiny bit, and the highlight was not too subtle, neither was it too blinding. All in all I got the look that I had in mind for myself.


Mehndi was also done by an artist at Safia's salon, and he did an amazing job with it! Unfortunately I do not have a picture which actually does justice to his work, but this one may give you a minute idea.


The bangles that I'm wearing, both the sets were from Moti Bazar. I know the place is a little tacky, but if you want to buy the good stuff, you have to visit this place once. The best part about shopping from here is the price tag, which when we consider saddar or any other market in rwp, is significantly low. Also you can bargain, which is not the case elsewhere.


The jewellry was from a shop located in scheme 3. I do not remember the exact name, but it is located near CSD scheme 3 branch.

Finally the event was covered by Wasim studios, who did and amazing job!

So this is it guys. All the details about my dress, jewellry, MUA, mehndi artist. Let me know in the comments down below what did you guys think of everything, or better yet drop a private message on my facebook page and I'll get back to you guys ASAP!

Until Next Time! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAKEUP 101! BUILDING YOUR BASIC MAKEUP KIT!

Hey Everyone Welcome Back To My Blog! Now when I started doing my own makeup, I remember there was no youtube or blogs that helped me get started! So I was totally clueless as to what I should or should not do. I bought tons of lipsticks, and eyeshadows, and I thought I was good to go. Trust me when I first started off, I had no idea about what a foundation is and even when I knew that it is the base of all the makeup, I thought it was something that you shouldn’t put on every time you do your makeup, I thought it was supposed to be for a special occasion! So I had to struggle a lot when I first started doing my makeup! That’s why I’m writing this post to help out all the beginners out there as to what they need for a basic starter makeup kit! This can also be used as an everyday makeup look kit which you can put together and use everyday for when you don’t want to go full glam! So let’s get started! BE SMART! So the first thing anyone who is new to makeup would and should do

REVIEW!!! PROJECT BEAUTY HAIRGURT !

Hey Everyone Welcome Back To My Blog! Now when I shared my first ever Boxycharm experience with you guys, I told you all that I’ll be reviewing most of the products individually, so as promised, here’s a complete review of the Project Beauty Hairgurt Smoothing Yogurt Hair Masque! So if you’re someone who has been following my blog for some time now, you must know that ever since I underwent some health issues, that caused my hair to fall out and become extremely dry, damaged, and brittle, I’ve been trying out loads and loads of hair products just to get my hair back to it’s healthy self! And so I was really excited when I received this product in my Boxycharm. As soon as I got my hands on it, I jumped into the shower to try it on, so could share with you guys my personal opinions about the product. But first, let’s get into what the website has to say about it! CLAIMS ON THE WEBSITE! So in the intro, the website stated the following: “Wondering when your hair got a mi