Skip to main content

FOODS FOR HEALTHIER SKIN!

We are what we eat. It won’t be wrong to state that our nutrition reflects in the health of our body, If we eat healthy, we look healthy, if we don’t, we are actually reflecting that in the form of an unhealthy body.
lindsay-lohan-huffington

The foods we eat get processed in our body and then provide us with the nutrients that they contain. If the nutrients are good for us, we will lead a healthy and active life. We often see people who have dull and lifeless skin. Although they are in their 20’s, they seem to be a few years older than their actual age. This is because one of the main parts of our body that gets damaged by eating unhealthy, is the skin.


When you are malnourished, or polluting your body with all the non vital nutrients, your skin gets affected the most. So to look beautiful and youthful, incorporate the following foods into your diet!

DARK CHOCOLATE:

eat-yourself-pretty-my-bestResearchers say that dark chocolate contains a high amount of flavonols which is a potent antioxidant which improves luminosity of the skin. Dark chocolates with at least 70% Cocoa is the best for this purpose. Just incorporating a few pieces in your daily diet, helps your skin to become glowing in no time. Cocoa also hydrates the skin and reduces roughness and scaliness.

TOMATOES:

tomatoTomatoes are an excellent source of Lycopene.Lycopene helps protect the skin from sunburns and reduces cellular damage.Its improves skin’s natural SPF levels.  Researches prove that lycopene contents increase when a tomato is cooked or processed, so include a piece or two in your daily meals and help the skin protect itself!

YOGURT:

bowl-of-yogurt-with-spoon-and-raspberries-and-blueberries
Not only is yogurt an excellent source of vitamin D and Calcium, but also is a rich source of dairy proteins which helps the skin to become firmer and reduces the risk of wrinkles. So eating a serving of yogurt daily can act as a natural anti aging system too!

OATMEAL:

ovsjanaja-kasha-so-svezhimi-fruktami
Raised blood sugar levels release the hormone Androgen in the body which causes the wrinkling of the skin. Oatmeal take a longer time to breakdown in your body than any other cereal, which is good because it keeps the blood sugar stable, hence acting as a defence system against wrinkles.

GREEN TEA:

green-tea_650x379_51430317406
Rich in antioxidants, mainly EGCG, green tea helps reduce redness caused by overexposure to the environment. It helps fight inflammation and replenishes the skin, moisturizing it adequately.

WATER:

water-glass-istock-image_-784-410Drinking at least 8 glasses of water is not only essential for optimum health of the body, but also very important for healthy youthful skin.It keeps the skin hydrated and avoids breakouts. Infact it is proven that a pimple on your skin is a sign that you need to increase your water intake. It improves the skin’s turgor making it plump and reducing the risk of wrinkles.

SOY:

infosite-soy-2-fb
Soy is proven to improve uneven skin tones, rendering a clear complexion. It also contains Aglycone, an Isoflavone, which improves the skin’s elasticity and help skin’s collagen from breaking down, thus reducing sagging and lines.

BELL PEPPERS:

051093059-03-bell-peppers_xlg
One of the earliest signs of aging are the wrinkles around the eyes commonly known as “crow’s feet”. Eating bell peppers may reduce the appearing of these wrinkles for a long time.

SUNFLOWER SEEDS:

1235027-large
Vitamin E is one of the most essential vitamins for skin, and the fact the sunflower seeds are loaded with it, makes them a perfect skin friendly food. It leaves the skin pimple free by enhancing immune function that allows the body to fight off inflammation that leads to acne.
Including these foods in your diet, leads to a healthy, youthful and beautiful skin. To try these out and let me know what you think about them🙂
Like my Facebook page and do share this blog with your friends. Until next time🙂

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life Update! I Got Nikkahfied! Detailed Post!!!

Hey Everyone Welcome Back To My Blog!! I know my regular readers are asking me every now and then where have I been in the past couple of weeks, and also why am I so MIA on the blog. Well the reason is stated in the title! I got Nikkahfied on 16th April, 2017, and this is the main reason for me being not active on the blog! So the preps actually started in late January, I wanted a dress that spoke to me, so I wanted to be sure that I am choosing something that I have always imagined myself wearing on my big day. Although I will be having a proper wedding in future, so I wanted to keep it as minimalist as possible, and also chic at the same time. I did not want a total bridal vibe, but simultaneously, I wanted something that made me stand out of the crowd. So I bought an embellished fabric from Rabi Centre, that's located in Bahria Town Phase 7, and I wanted it to be stitched as a floor length Maxi dress. The tailor however did not follow my instructions, and made a floor le

MAKEUP 101! BUILDING YOUR BASIC MAKEUP KIT!

Hey Everyone Welcome Back To My Blog! Now when I started doing my own makeup, I remember there was no youtube or blogs that helped me get started! So I was totally clueless as to what I should or should not do. I bought tons of lipsticks, and eyeshadows, and I thought I was good to go. Trust me when I first started off, I had no idea about what a foundation is and even when I knew that it is the base of all the makeup, I thought it was something that you shouldn’t put on every time you do your makeup, I thought it was supposed to be for a special occasion! So I had to struggle a lot when I first started doing my makeup! That’s why I’m writing this post to help out all the beginners out there as to what they need for a basic starter makeup kit! This can also be used as an everyday makeup look kit which you can put together and use everyday for when you don’t want to go full glam! So let’s get started! BE SMART! So the first thing anyone who is new to makeup would and should do

REVIEW!!! PROJECT BEAUTY HAIRGURT !

Hey Everyone Welcome Back To My Blog! Now when I shared my first ever Boxycharm experience with you guys, I told you all that I’ll be reviewing most of the products individually, so as promised, here’s a complete review of the Project Beauty Hairgurt Smoothing Yogurt Hair Masque! So if you’re someone who has been following my blog for some time now, you must know that ever since I underwent some health issues, that caused my hair to fall out and become extremely dry, damaged, and brittle, I’ve been trying out loads and loads of hair products just to get my hair back to it’s healthy self! And so I was really excited when I received this product in my Boxycharm. As soon as I got my hands on it, I jumped into the shower to try it on, so could share with you guys my personal opinions about the product. But first, let’s get into what the website has to say about it! CLAIMS ON THE WEBSITE! So in the intro, the website stated the following: “Wondering when your hair got a mi