Skip to main content

FOUNDATION 101! CHOOSING THE RIGHT ONE!

best-makeup-foundation
We all love makeup! That’s one confession that every girl has made in her life! 95 out of 100 women do not leave their house until they are glammed up. So when it comes to picking out a foundation, most of us look for the best possible we can get! If we can afford drugstore makeup, we opt for the best drugstore foundation available within our price rage, however if money is not a problem, we splurge on the best possible high-end foundation. Let’s face it girls, if the base is good, the makeup just glides on top effortlessly and everything looks amazing! Although, at times we spend a fortune on a foundation and we hope that it would make us look flawless but the results are never as we hoped them to be. Now most of us would just think that we got scammed into buying a fake product, and that is true at times. However the real reason behind the horror house foundation incident is the wrong selection of foundation type.
Yes! We spend a shitload of money on the product and hours to find the right shade that we forget to focus upon the formulation. Now none of us is a makeup expert here to be honest but there are simple tips and tricks that would help you understand what the right foundation is for you.

KNOW YOUR SKIN!

htcc3
First and foremost you have to know what type of skin you have. Mostly there are 4 types as we all know them. Normal, Oily, Dry and Combination. Now whatever the type of your skin is, you have to choose the formulation according to that! This is the number one rule you have to keep in mind when you go for shopping your foundation. Yes, even before looking for the right shade! Once you get the right formula that is most suited for your skin type, your makeup would look flawless for a very long time!

KNOW YOUR OPTIONS!

types-of-foundations-2
So what options do we have when it comes to choosing the right formulation? These days the most common types of formulation are liquid, cream, powder and stick foundations. Now I’m not saying that these are the only available options, but these are the most commonly encountered ones. Now every formulation targets a specific skin type. For instance if you have oily skin, you should either opt for a liquid foundation with a matte finish or a powder foundation. On the other hand if you have dry skin, then a cream based moisturizing foundation is your best friend. And if you are one of those blessed souls who have normal sin type, then go ahead and buy whatever the hell you like because you won’t have a problem! The trickiest of all is the combination skin. You have to find something which would mattify your T-zone, and at the same time hydrates the rest of your face, and since I myself have combination skin, what works best for me is a stick foundation and after application I set my T-zone with a powder foundation and trust me my makeup is on point throughout the day! So before you buy a foundation, try to go to one of those fancy cosmetic stores that have samples or testers and try different formulations onto your skin and see what works best for you.

GIVE IT TIME!
enhanced-17199-1403904944-29

Now the final step is to be patient. Never be hasty when it comes to buying the right makeup or else you’re screwed! Like I mentioned before try to find a store that has testers available and just go and find the right formulation and find the right shade, then apply the foundation onto your skin and just leave the store. Go out in bright daylight and then see whether the color matches you or you look like an oompa loompa.
Woman with cracked and peeling skin
You see the problem is that the lightning in the stores is so deceiving that you can never tell if the shade you’re trying out is actually the right shade for you or not. So the best way is to put it on and go into some natural lighting and see what you have really put on. This is one of the situations where nature is your true friend. Secondly if the shade matches you, don’t get overexcited because you are just half way there yet! Yup you still have a long way to go. So the next thing you have to do is to wait. Give it at least an hour or two. Roam here and there, do some grocery shopping, have lunch and when you are done, pull your compact out and see what your foundation looks like now, and if it’s even near to perfect, you have found the right one. This may not be the case 90 percent of the time, your foundation may turn cakey, or you may have dry patches, or your can even have oil overflowing from your pores, all of which mean you still need to look for the special one! So don’t be disappointed if you do not find the perfect one in the first go. Keep looking and it’ll be worth the trouble!
foundation-makeup-products
I hope this was helpful. Do leave your comments or inbox me your suggestions on Facebook. Do share this blog post with your friends and I’ll see you all soonđŸ™‚ 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life Update! I Got Nikkahfied! Detailed Post!!!

Hey Everyone Welcome Back To My Blog!! I know my regular readers are asking me every now and then where have I been in the past couple of weeks, and also why am I so MIA on the blog. Well the reason is stated in the title! I got Nikkahfied on 16th April, 2017, and this is the main reason for me being not active on the blog! So the preps actually started in late January, I wanted a dress that spoke to me, so I wanted to be sure that I am choosing something that I have always imagined myself wearing on my big day. Although I will be having a proper wedding in future, so I wanted to keep it as minimalist as possible, and also chic at the same time. I did not want a total bridal vibe, but simultaneously, I wanted something that made me stand out of the crowd. So I bought an embellished fabric from Rabi Centre, that's located in Bahria Town Phase 7, and I wanted it to be stitched as a floor length Maxi dress. The tailor however did not follow my instructions, and made a floor le

MAKEUP 101! BUILDING YOUR BASIC MAKEUP KIT!

Hey Everyone Welcome Back To My Blog! Now when I started doing my own makeup, I remember there was no youtube or blogs that helped me get started! So I was totally clueless as to what I should or should not do. I bought tons of lipsticks, and eyeshadows, and I thought I was good to go. Trust me when I first started off, I had no idea about what a foundation is and even when I knew that it is the base of all the makeup, I thought it was something that you shouldn’t put on every time you do your makeup, I thought it was supposed to be for a special occasion! So I had to struggle a lot when I first started doing my makeup! That’s why I’m writing this post to help out all the beginners out there as to what they need for a basic starter makeup kit! This can also be used as an everyday makeup look kit which you can put together and use everyday for when you don’t want to go full glam! So let’s get started! BE SMART! So the first thing anyone who is new to makeup would and should do

REVIEW!!! PROJECT BEAUTY HAIRGURT !

Hey Everyone Welcome Back To My Blog! Now when I shared my first ever Boxycharm experience with you guys, I told you all that I’ll be reviewing most of the products individually, so as promised, here’s a complete review of the Project Beauty Hairgurt Smoothing Yogurt Hair Masque! So if you’re someone who has been following my blog for some time now, you must know that ever since I underwent some health issues, that caused my hair to fall out and become extremely dry, damaged, and brittle, I’ve been trying out loads and loads of hair products just to get my hair back to it’s healthy self! And so I was really excited when I received this product in my Boxycharm. As soon as I got my hands on it, I jumped into the shower to try it on, so could share with you guys my personal opinions about the product. But first, let’s get into what the website has to say about it! CLAIMS ON THE WEBSITE! So in the intro, the website stated the following: “Wondering when your hair got a mi