Skip to main content

CHEAP DRUGSTORE DUPES FOR HIGH-END MAKEUP!

Hey Everyone and welcome back to my blog! I hope you all are doing great and staying fabulous!
Anyway let’s start this post off with a question. Who doesn’t like a good drugstore dupe? I do, and hands up if you people do as well! With the budget we all have, and the bills stacking up one another, we barely can splurge on each and every thing we love. But God bless the drugstore brands for making stuff that is close enough to the real deal!
So I thought I’d do a series here where Every few days, I’ll post a small list of drugstore dupes so that if your pocket doesn’t allow you to spend on high-end, you atleast can get your hands on something that’s 99% same, but the price difference is huge!
Now most of you would be wondering that you always come across posts where you get a list of dupes, so what’s any different here, right? But there is sweets! I’ll only be writing about the products that I’ve tried and tested for no less than a month just to make sure that it is actually as close to the real one as possible!

REAL PRODUCT:

YSL TOUCHE ECLAT BLUR PERFECTOR!

Now this product is a life saver! This is somewhat a balm in a compact, that you put onto the parts of your face which tend to get oily, mostly your t-zone, and it keeps them matte for a long long time! Really this is a miracle product for you guys if you have oily skin, but every good thing comes with a price, it retails for $55, yes that is the actual price for this product, and the downside is, it gets dirty really quickly, i mean when you apply the product over your makeup with the sponge like applicator it comes with, it somewhat sticks to the product and the top layer gets dirty and you have to scrape it off every now and then. This means a lot of product is wasted, and you have to keep on replacing it every few weeks or so, which if you ask me gets really heavy on the pocket. So that was the deal breaker for me.
ysl-touche-eclat-blur-perfector-review-2

DUPE:

ELF HD MATTIFYING BALM!

Okay trust me when I say it, these two products are the same! Yeap, they are the exact same thing! The only difference is that they have different color, the YSL one is a slight pink toned balm, whereas the Elf one is white toned. They do not impart those shades, so that barely makes a difference! Another difference, which make the Elf one a winner for me is that it’s consistency is a little lighter than the YSL one, which makes it easier to clean and apply on the face. This one retails for just $6! Yes, i mean you could get 9 of the Elf ones for the price of one YSL one, so this is definitely a winner! And i’ll mention this again here, the results are EXACTLY the same!
p12416342b-2belf2bhd2bmattifying2bbalm

REAL PRODUCT:

STILA STAY ALL DAY WATERPROOF LIQUID EYELINER!

This product is amazing! I mean you put it on your eyes, go for a swim, and when you’ll be back, it’ll be there! It doesn’t move! So this is an amazing amazing product. It comes as an eyeliner pen, and has a very fine felt tip to it, which makes it really easy to put on. The downside again is the price tag! It retails for $22, and considering that its a felt tip eyeliner, it runs out every so often, so you need to buy this product frequently, almost once every month or two if you put on makeup very frequently.
s1221084-main-lhero

DUPE:

ESSENCE WATERPROOF EYELINER PEN!

Again this is just like the Stila eyeliner packaged in a different pen! Trust me guys this is exactly the same! The same texture, the same pigmentation, and the same precision! The felt tip is as fine as that of the Stila one, and the best part, it retails only for $2.99! Yes just 2.99! Isn’t this amazing? You need to try it out if you haven’t already!
img_3731

REAL PRODUCT:

TARTE MARACUJA CREASELESS CONCEALER!

Most of us have used this, and we love Tarte concealers. This one specifically is a full coverage, heavy duty concealer. It is thick and pigmented, and it doesn’t crease like the other concealers do, it does however crease a little bit, which is noticeable if you observe closely. All in all this is a concealer that would actually change your life if you have dark under eyes and pigmentation that you need to conceal every time you put makeup on. Now this little guy here retails for $25, which we all can pay easily considering that it would last you for quite some time, But the dupe I have for this one, it’ll blow your mind! Literally!
tarte-maracuja-creaseless-concealer-6

DUPE:

NYX COSMETICS GOTCHA COVERED CONCEALER!

Again if you put this one on one side of the face, and Tarte on the other side, you’ll not be able to notice any difference! Their formula is same, pigmentation is exactly the same, and this one right here, it retails for $5.99! So considering that both are exactly the same stuff packaged differently, I think the smarter choice here would be to pay for the one that’s fraction of a price for the other one!
6054658-1-nyx-gotcha-covered-concealer-2-of-2-540
Now I  don’t want these posts to be very very lengthy, so that is why I mentioned that I’ll be doing a series, where I’ll be post a list, preferably consisting of two to three items every few day :)
I hope you enjoyed reading this! Know me how you found out these dupes if you have tried them already, and if you haven’t. do go ahead and give them a try! You won’t regret!
Until Next Time đŸ™‚

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life Update! I Got Nikkahfied! Detailed Post!!!

Hey Everyone Welcome Back To My Blog!! I know my regular readers are asking me every now and then where have I been in the past couple of weeks, and also why am I so MIA on the blog. Well the reason is stated in the title! I got Nikkahfied on 16th April, 2017, and this is the main reason for me being not active on the blog! So the preps actually started in late January, I wanted a dress that spoke to me, so I wanted to be sure that I am choosing something that I have always imagined myself wearing on my big day. Although I will be having a proper wedding in future, so I wanted to keep it as minimalist as possible, and also chic at the same time. I did not want a total bridal vibe, but simultaneously, I wanted something that made me stand out of the crowd. So I bought an embellished fabric from Rabi Centre, that's located in Bahria Town Phase 7, and I wanted it to be stitched as a floor length Maxi dress. The tailor however did not follow my instructions, and made a floor le

MAKEUP 101! BUILDING YOUR BASIC MAKEUP KIT!

Hey Everyone Welcome Back To My Blog! Now when I started doing my own makeup, I remember there was no youtube or blogs that helped me get started! So I was totally clueless as to what I should or should not do. I bought tons of lipsticks, and eyeshadows, and I thought I was good to go. Trust me when I first started off, I had no idea about what a foundation is and even when I knew that it is the base of all the makeup, I thought it was something that you shouldn’t put on every time you do your makeup, I thought it was supposed to be for a special occasion! So I had to struggle a lot when I first started doing my makeup! That’s why I’m writing this post to help out all the beginners out there as to what they need for a basic starter makeup kit! This can also be used as an everyday makeup look kit which you can put together and use everyday for when you don’t want to go full glam! So let’s get started! BE SMART! So the first thing anyone who is new to makeup would and should do

REVIEW!!! PROJECT BEAUTY HAIRGURT !

Hey Everyone Welcome Back To My Blog! Now when I shared my first ever Boxycharm experience with you guys, I told you all that I’ll be reviewing most of the products individually, so as promised, here’s a complete review of the Project Beauty Hairgurt Smoothing Yogurt Hair Masque! So if you’re someone who has been following my blog for some time now, you must know that ever since I underwent some health issues, that caused my hair to fall out and become extremely dry, damaged, and brittle, I’ve been trying out loads and loads of hair products just to get my hair back to it’s healthy self! And so I was really excited when I received this product in my Boxycharm. As soon as I got my hands on it, I jumped into the shower to try it on, so could share with you guys my personal opinions about the product. But first, let’s get into what the website has to say about it! CLAIMS ON THE WEBSITE! So in the intro, the website stated the following: “Wondering when your hair got a mi