Skip to main content

DIY SURVIVAL KIT FOR GIRLS!

Hey Ladies! Welcome Back to my blog! Now is it just me or has anyone else gone through those times when you feel like you need something, and you think that you have it in your backpack or hand bag but when you dig in, it’s not there!
We girls need loads of stuff all the time, and like they say it’s better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it! So today I’ll be telling ya’ll how you can make your very own survival emergency kit and keep it inside your bag all the time!
Having a survival kit is really great and it doesn’t matter if you’re going to school, college or work, you need one with you at all times!

WHAT DO YOU NEED?

Now creating an emergency survival kit is dependant totally on your specific needs. You can either follow my list which I’ll be providing below, or you can customize this one according to your needs. However, there are certain things that are compulsory for creating a survival kit. So you’ll need the following:

1. A BAG!

Now it can be a transparent zipper bag, or a makeup pouch, or one of those cute little Ipsy bags that you get every month, and if you have none of the above, you can even use a ziplock bag! Just remember whatever you use, has to be a few sizes smaller than your bag that you’ll be putting it into.

2. SMALL BOTTLES OR CASES!

The whole idea of an emergency kit is to have any and every thing you could possibly need at your disposal all the time. Now stuff like liquified makeup, or moisturizers mostly come in large packaging, so you need to have small jars, bottles or cases to store these amounts in and put these into your emergency kit.
Yeah so these are pretty much the things that you’ll be needing to build your bag up, now let’s just get into how to make one!

SUPPLIES!

SANITARY SUPPLIES!

This is a must! Now very few of us have actually been lucky enough to have regular menstrual cycles! Most of us however have no clue as to when and where it’ll hit us! And to be honest, most of the time it happens when we least expect it to. So what the first and foremost essential supply is things that you need that time of the month! Now what you can do here is take a couple of sanitary pads, a few tampons, and a pair or two of clean underwear and pack them all up is a smaller bag, smaller than your emergency kit bag. This way you’ll have all the supplies you need, and it’ll stay away from being in contact with the rest of the stuff you have in your kit!

PAINKILLERS!

Now with all the stuff going on around us, for starters continuous lectures and classes in school and colleges, and hectic work deadlines at the offices, it is not a surprise if you get a mild to moderate headache that irritates you throughout the day! So to have a few painkillers on hand is never going to hurt you! You can have anything from Tylenol, to paracetamol. I even recommend Midol, as it helps ease up the menstrual cramping, so if your friend pays you a visit while you are at school or at work, you have something with you that’ll help ease up the pain. Now for this purpose, grab one of those pill containers or the small containers i mentioned above, and fill them up with a few of the pills and slide them into your emergency kit. This helps you save loads of space ðŸ™‚

BANDAID!

Now cuts are nasty, and don’t even get me started on papercuts! Be it school or office, us women, we manage to get a cut or a small wound every single day! So to have a few bandaids handy is great! So just throw a few into the kit and you’re good to go!
154887888-bandaid-gettyimages

HAIR ACCESSORIES!

It’s always a good idea to have just a couple of hair ties or scrunchies, and a few bobby pins on hand! Plus you also need one of those small pop up brushes, they save space and are really handy when you’re having a bad hair day. Infact try to find one that has a mirror installed, this way you don’t have to put in another compact for the mirror.

DEODORANT!

You can never miss out on this one! When you have gym class, or you have to go for a run, and at times when its hot as hell at work, and you are sweating profusely! You have to have a deodorant on hand! So go to the store, and buy one of those tiny travel sized ones and slide it into your emergency pack! Coz girl no one wants to be around a stinky mess!
dove-deodorant-travel-size

MAKEUP AND SKINCARE!

Now this one is an essential travel hack to save space. However it is also great to have some foundation, a little powder, or even some concealer on hand if your makeup goes back throughout the day, and you need an instant retouch before an important meeting, or an after school hangout! Also it’s better to have some sort of moisturizer, hand cream and stuff like face cleanser handy just in case! So squeeze a little amount, enough for a use or two into a tiny container, or a bottle, or even ld used lens cases, and you are good to go!

TISSUES, WIPES, SANITIZERS!

With the kind of germs going around these days, you need to have a disinfectant in your bag at all times! So get a small pack of tissues, a pocket pack preferably, also get a small hand sanitizer, and a few anti bacterial hand and body wipes. Trust me you’ll thank me that I told you to have them at all times!

MONEY!

Just in case! You know if you are having one of those days when you wake up on the wrong side of the bed, you may actually forget your wallet at home. And by the time you realize it, you’re already at work or at school! So having some cash is better than having nothing!
chapstickmoney_thumb

SAFETY PINS!

Trust me every now and the I’ve found me, or someone I know, asking for a safety pin! So just in case have a few in your emergency kit all the time.
stock-photo-colored-safety-pins-73650577

CANDY, MINTS, OR GUM!

This is not an essential, but it’s good to have something in your pack for times when you need to munch on something!

THE FINAL ASSEMBLY!

Once you have gathered all the supplies, get your bag, and stuff everything in it! And you are done! Yes it’s as easy as ABC! After your emergency survival kit is ready, you can keep it your school bag, or your handbag, and you are good to go!
I hope this post was helpful to all the girls out there! Do give me your feedback and let me know what kind of stuff would you like me to write about and what do you want me to skip! Be sure to share this post with your friends!
Until Next Time! ðŸ™‚

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life Update! I Got Nikkahfied! Detailed Post!!!

Hey Everyone Welcome Back To My Blog!! I know my regular readers are asking me every now and then where have I been in the past couple of weeks, and also why am I so MIA on the blog. Well the reason is stated in the title! I got Nikkahfied on 16th April, 2017, and this is the main reason for me being not active on the blog! So the preps actually started in late January, I wanted a dress that spoke to me, so I wanted to be sure that I am choosing something that I have always imagined myself wearing on my big day. Although I will be having a proper wedding in future, so I wanted to keep it as minimalist as possible, and also chic at the same time. I did not want a total bridal vibe, but simultaneously, I wanted something that made me stand out of the crowd. So I bought an embellished fabric from Rabi Centre, that's located in Bahria Town Phase 7, and I wanted it to be stitched as a floor length Maxi dress. The tailor however did not follow my instructions, and made a floor le

MAKEUP 101! BUILDING YOUR BASIC MAKEUP KIT!

Hey Everyone Welcome Back To My Blog! Now when I started doing my own makeup, I remember there was no youtube or blogs that helped me get started! So I was totally clueless as to what I should or should not do. I bought tons of lipsticks, and eyeshadows, and I thought I was good to go. Trust me when I first started off, I had no idea about what a foundation is and even when I knew that it is the base of all the makeup, I thought it was something that you shouldn’t put on every time you do your makeup, I thought it was supposed to be for a special occasion! So I had to struggle a lot when I first started doing my makeup! That’s why I’m writing this post to help out all the beginners out there as to what they need for a basic starter makeup kit! This can also be used as an everyday makeup look kit which you can put together and use everyday for when you don’t want to go full glam! So let’s get started! BE SMART! So the first thing anyone who is new to makeup would and should do

REVIEW!!! PROJECT BEAUTY HAIRGURT !

Hey Everyone Welcome Back To My Blog! Now when I shared my first ever Boxycharm experience with you guys, I told you all that I’ll be reviewing most of the products individually, so as promised, here’s a complete review of the Project Beauty Hairgurt Smoothing Yogurt Hair Masque! So if you’re someone who has been following my blog for some time now, you must know that ever since I underwent some health issues, that caused my hair to fall out and become extremely dry, damaged, and brittle, I’ve been trying out loads and loads of hair products just to get my hair back to it’s healthy self! And so I was really excited when I received this product in my Boxycharm. As soon as I got my hands on it, I jumped into the shower to try it on, so could share with you guys my personal opinions about the product. But first, let’s get into what the website has to say about it! CLAIMS ON THE WEBSITE! So in the intro, the website stated the following: “Wondering when your hair got a mi