Skip to main content

MAKEUP 101! KNOW YOUR UNDERTONE!

First of I’m really sorry that i haven’t been posting anything the past week. Well that was because of the Eid Holidays, so I thought I’d give myself a break too! But I’m back now and the first thing that I wanted to do was to help you guys out.
Now ever since I posted my first blog about Choosing the right foundation, my inbox has been flooded with requests to write a post about Undertones.
determining-your-skin-tone-1469847523
People always have difficulty, or at times don’t have the slightest idea about what the term “Undertone” is referring to, let alone what their undertone is. So to start off, what exactly is the Undertone? Well the undertone is the color underneath the surface of your skin. So to describe it as easily and as simply as I can, I would say that the undertone is the shade that is reflected from your skin when you are in broad daylight.

WHAT IS AN UNDERTONE?

proteccion-solar-segun-el-tono-de-piel3
bercerminTo give you a simple idea, just try this little experiment, wear a white top, tie your hair back, open up a window so that you are in natural lighting, and then look at yourself in the mirror. This is where it gets interesting, look for imperfections in your face, besides your complexion, what other colors do you see? These colors tell you what your undertone actually is.
Now there are 3 types of undertones, namely Cool, Warm and Neutral. If for instance you have pink, red or bluish undertones, you are cool toned. If you have yellow, peachy, golden undertones, you are warm toned. Now at times, you may see multiple undertones, like your skin may have a combination of yellowish and bluish undertones at the same time, this is the case of Neutral undertones.

COOL VS WARM! WHAT ARE YOU?

picture-1
This is all you need to know about what undertones actually are. Now I think we should skip to the part where we find out about simple tricks to determine your undertone. Well the rule of the thumb is, and many women swear by this trick, and that is looking at the veins on your forearm or on the inside of your wrist. If they appear to be more bluish or purplish, then you are cool toned, but if they appear more greenish, then you are warm toned.
goldvssilverAnother easy trick is to wear some jewellery around your neck or onto your ears, and see how it looks. This test can be done either with gold or with silver. If the gold jewellery makes you look dull and the silver instantly gives you a pop of radiance and glow, then you are cool toned, however if the case is opposite, and the gold gives you an instant glow, you are warm toned.
goldorsilver-testYou can even tell your undertone by the choice of your clothes. If you think you can pull off colours like blues, greens, purples, etc, then you are cool toned, but if you think you look more attractive in yellows, nudes, pinks and reds, then you are definitely warm toned. Then again if the jewellery you wear and the clothes you wear don’t have an impact on how you look regardless of your choice of colors, and you can look good in anything, then you are blessed with a neutral tone.
Want to know more? Take this quick little quiz by Popsugar and determine your undertone!
I hope this was helpful to you guys! Hopefully next time I’ll write a post about how different undertones have an affect on you makeup choices! Until next time🙂

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life Update! I Got Nikkahfied! Detailed Post!!!

Hey Everyone Welcome Back To My Blog!! I know my regular readers are asking me every now and then where have I been in the past couple of weeks, and also why am I so MIA on the blog. Well the reason is stated in the title! I got Nikkahfied on 16th April, 2017, and this is the main reason for me being not active on the blog! So the preps actually started in late January, I wanted a dress that spoke to me, so I wanted to be sure that I am choosing something that I have always imagined myself wearing on my big day. Although I will be having a proper wedding in future, so I wanted to keep it as minimalist as possible, and also chic at the same time. I did not want a total bridal vibe, but simultaneously, I wanted something that made me stand out of the crowd. So I bought an embellished fabric from Rabi Centre, that's located in Bahria Town Phase 7, and I wanted it to be stitched as a floor length Maxi dress. The tailor however did not follow my instructions, and made a floor le

MAKEUP 101! BUILDING YOUR BASIC MAKEUP KIT!

Hey Everyone Welcome Back To My Blog! Now when I started doing my own makeup, I remember there was no youtube or blogs that helped me get started! So I was totally clueless as to what I should or should not do. I bought tons of lipsticks, and eyeshadows, and I thought I was good to go. Trust me when I first started off, I had no idea about what a foundation is and even when I knew that it is the base of all the makeup, I thought it was something that you shouldn’t put on every time you do your makeup, I thought it was supposed to be for a special occasion! So I had to struggle a lot when I first started doing my makeup! That’s why I’m writing this post to help out all the beginners out there as to what they need for a basic starter makeup kit! This can also be used as an everyday makeup look kit which you can put together and use everyday for when you don’t want to go full glam! So let’s get started! BE SMART! So the first thing anyone who is new to makeup would and should do

REVIEW!!! PROJECT BEAUTY HAIRGURT !

Hey Everyone Welcome Back To My Blog! Now when I shared my first ever Boxycharm experience with you guys, I told you all that I’ll be reviewing most of the products individually, so as promised, here’s a complete review of the Project Beauty Hairgurt Smoothing Yogurt Hair Masque! So if you’re someone who has been following my blog for some time now, you must know that ever since I underwent some health issues, that caused my hair to fall out and become extremely dry, damaged, and brittle, I’ve been trying out loads and loads of hair products just to get my hair back to it’s healthy self! And so I was really excited when I received this product in my Boxycharm. As soon as I got my hands on it, I jumped into the shower to try it on, so could share with you guys my personal opinions about the product. But first, let’s get into what the website has to say about it! CLAIMS ON THE WEBSITE! So in the intro, the website stated the following: “Wondering when your hair got a mi