Skip to main content

FACE POWDER MISTAKES YOU MAKE EVERYDAY!

Hey Everyone, welcome back to my blog! Now when it comes to the most crucial steps in applying makeup, my number one pick is to set it using powder! Powder is such an essential component of our makeup, it helps set it all day, helps keep it in place, and even helps it from creasing. However if not applied correctly, it can turn your makeup look from a disney moment, to a halloween nightmare!
That’s why I decided to enlist all the common mistakes we make when applying powder, and how to avoid them!

1. YOU CHOOSE THE WRONG SHADE!

Mostly what happens is that people who tend to have oily or combination skin use a lot of powder to keep them matte and oil free, and keep their makeup in place all day long. Where they actually go wrong is that they match the shade to that of their skin, however experts say that if you tend to have skin that is oily, you should get a shade or a half lighter. This is essential because when your pores bleed oil, your powder gets oxidized, and turn a shade darker, which makes your skin look peachy or brown. So if you have oily skin, buy a shade lighter, but if you have normal to dry skin, you are probably fine with the shade that matches.

2.YOU ARE USING TOO MUCH!

When you go crazy with the application, your face starts looking cakey! That’s the most common mistake people make. So try to apply only as much as you need. However if you have accidentally applied too much, use some setting spray, and it’ll give you the most beautifully dewy look.

3.YOU’RE USING THE WRONG FORMULA!

Formula? Seriously? Well yes! When you are using powder, the formula is basically the main ingredient that’s in it! Now for dry and normal skins, the ingredient you are looking for is the Hyaluronic Acid. It has hydrating properties, which keep your skin fresh and glowing. However if you have oily or combination skin, you should be looking for something that has Talc in it, as it is an oil absorbent and helps keep skin oil free.

4.YOU DON’T PRIME YOUR FACE!

Using a moisturizing primer is as essential as using the setting powder to keep your makeup in place. A moisturizing primer will not only keep your makeup in place, but will also keep also keep your powder smooth and clean throughout the day.
img_9743

5.YOU APPLY POWDER ALL OVER!

Now mostly what people do is complete their face makeup, and then dust their face off with powder! The key to a flawless face here is to stick to your T-zone. This is the part of the face that normally produces oil, so keeping it matte is the only way you can make your face look flawless.
face-powder-tips

6.YOU ARE NOT STORING IT PROPERLY!

When we mostly buy stuff, that has a warning to it that states “store in a cool dry place” we tend to ignore it. In case of a face powder, it’s the biggest possible mistake we can do. Storing your powder in a place where there’s a lot of humidity, can cause the powder to absorb all the moisture, firstly clumping the formula, which interferes with proper application, and secondly it oxidizes the product, turning it a shade or two darker than it originally was. So store it in a place that actually is cool and dry!

7.YOU ARE USING THE WRONG TOOLS!

When applying any kind of makeup, we tend to use three kinds of applicators, brushes, sponges, and puffs. Now a beautiful finished look totally depends upon the choice of applicator. Makeup sponges, such as beauty blenders, and RT miracle sponges are to be used when you need to apply powder for building up coverage. This is suitable for mostly people when tend to have normal skin. However if you have oily skin, and you build up powder, it will get cakey, in such case, a powder puff is your best friend! It’ll not only absorb extra oil as you apply, but it’ll also give you a perfect finish! Use a brush when you need a soft glowy finish.
I hope this turns out to be helpful for all you guys out there. I’m open to complaints, suggestions and feedback! Do let me know what you think about this post, and please share it as well! ðŸ™‚
Until Next Time! ðŸ™‚

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life Update! I Got Nikkahfied! Detailed Post!!!

Hey Everyone Welcome Back To My Blog!! I know my regular readers are asking me every now and then where have I been in the past couple of weeks, and also why am I so MIA on the blog. Well the reason is stated in the title! I got Nikkahfied on 16th April, 2017, and this is the main reason for me being not active on the blog! So the preps actually started in late January, I wanted a dress that spoke to me, so I wanted to be sure that I am choosing something that I have always imagined myself wearing on my big day. Although I will be having a proper wedding in future, so I wanted to keep it as minimalist as possible, and also chic at the same time. I did not want a total bridal vibe, but simultaneously, I wanted something that made me stand out of the crowd. So I bought an embellished fabric from Rabi Centre, that's located in Bahria Town Phase 7, and I wanted it to be stitched as a floor length Maxi dress. The tailor however did not follow my instructions, and made a floor le

MAKEUP 101! BUILDING YOUR BASIC MAKEUP KIT!

Hey Everyone Welcome Back To My Blog! Now when I started doing my own makeup, I remember there was no youtube or blogs that helped me get started! So I was totally clueless as to what I should or should not do. I bought tons of lipsticks, and eyeshadows, and I thought I was good to go. Trust me when I first started off, I had no idea about what a foundation is and even when I knew that it is the base of all the makeup, I thought it was something that you shouldn’t put on every time you do your makeup, I thought it was supposed to be for a special occasion! So I had to struggle a lot when I first started doing my makeup! That’s why I’m writing this post to help out all the beginners out there as to what they need for a basic starter makeup kit! This can also be used as an everyday makeup look kit which you can put together and use everyday for when you don’t want to go full glam! So let’s get started! BE SMART! So the first thing anyone who is new to makeup would and should do

REVIEW!!! PROJECT BEAUTY HAIRGURT !

Hey Everyone Welcome Back To My Blog! Now when I shared my first ever Boxycharm experience with you guys, I told you all that I’ll be reviewing most of the products individually, so as promised, here’s a complete review of the Project Beauty Hairgurt Smoothing Yogurt Hair Masque! So if you’re someone who has been following my blog for some time now, you must know that ever since I underwent some health issues, that caused my hair to fall out and become extremely dry, damaged, and brittle, I’ve been trying out loads and loads of hair products just to get my hair back to it’s healthy self! And so I was really excited when I received this product in my Boxycharm. As soon as I got my hands on it, I jumped into the shower to try it on, so could share with you guys my personal opinions about the product. But first, let’s get into what the website has to say about it! CLAIMS ON THE WEBSITE! So in the intro, the website stated the following: “Wondering when your hair got a mi