Skip to main content

DOES UNDERTONE AFFECT YOUR MAKEUP?

Hey Everyone Welcome Back To My Blog! As I promised in one of my previous posts, that I wrote about determining your Undertone, this post is dedicated to everything you need to know about how your undertone affects your makeup, or does it affect it at all!
So I’m not going to bore you with more about what undertone is, if you missed the post I previously wrote, just click on the link above and you’ll be directed to the post! đŸ™‚
beautiful-women-skin-tones
Now your undertone does affect your makeup choices, but just the face makeup, you know like your foundations and concealers, your blushes and contours etc. It does however has no effect on your eye makeup. Now I know this is hard to believe, but if you really want to know the details, read the complete post and you’ll be enlightened!

FOUNDATION!

Yes your undertone definitely affects your foundation. If you are warm toned, and your foundation has cool tones, the outcome will be devastating! Your face would look somewhat grey. On the other hand if you are cool toned, and your foundation has warm tones to it, then you’ll start to look orange, you know like an oompa loompa!
ncornw1So you should definitely buy a foundation which has the same tones to it like your undertone. Now I for one love that Mac Cosmetics has all their foundations divided into two ranges or options, NC and NW. Now NC stands for not cool or neutral cool, so if you have cool undertones, stay away from the NC range. NW on the other hand means not warm or neutral warm, so if you have warm undertones, this range is probably not for you.

CONCEALERS!

Just like foundations, concealers are also manufactured based on specific skin undertones.So when choosing concealer, you’ll have to again keep your skin tone in mind as well. maxresdefault2

BLUSHES!

114b9464ea1d3b3525e6d507f011d5f5

Although blushes do not depend as much upon the skin tone as foundations and concealers do, but I suggest that if you are cool toned, you should opt for darker blushes like mauves and purples, but if you have warm tones, you should go for lighter colors like pinks and peaches.

EYE MAKEUP!

Now one of the biggest misconceptions is that you should use eyeshadows and eyeliners in accordance with your undertones. You can use the brightest or the lightest color palettes! Eyemakeup has nothing to do with your undertones. It’s all dependant upon personal preferences. If you like a dramatic look, go for it, if you love a more subtle look, go for that! You are the boss of your eye makeup!

LIPSTICK!

Just like eyes, your lips do not depend one bit on the undertone! Some people love nude lip colors, while other love to rock a vampy red! So whatever it may be, as long as you think you can pull it off, you have my blessing!

I hope this post was helpful and if you want to know anything else, or want to give me an suggestions, just leave a comment below or inbox me on my facebook Page!
Until next time đŸ™‚

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life Update! I Got Nikkahfied! Detailed Post!!!

Hey Everyone Welcome Back To My Blog!! I know my regular readers are asking me every now and then where have I been in the past couple of weeks, and also why am I so MIA on the blog. Well the reason is stated in the title! I got Nikkahfied on 16th April, 2017, and this is the main reason for me being not active on the blog! So the preps actually started in late January, I wanted a dress that spoke to me, so I wanted to be sure that I am choosing something that I have always imagined myself wearing on my big day. Although I will be having a proper wedding in future, so I wanted to keep it as minimalist as possible, and also chic at the same time. I did not want a total bridal vibe, but simultaneously, I wanted something that made me stand out of the crowd. So I bought an embellished fabric from Rabi Centre, that's located in Bahria Town Phase 7, and I wanted it to be stitched as a floor length Maxi dress. The tailor however did not follow my instructions, and made a floor le

MAKEUP 101! BUILDING YOUR BASIC MAKEUP KIT!

Hey Everyone Welcome Back To My Blog! Now when I started doing my own makeup, I remember there was no youtube or blogs that helped me get started! So I was totally clueless as to what I should or should not do. I bought tons of lipsticks, and eyeshadows, and I thought I was good to go. Trust me when I first started off, I had no idea about what a foundation is and even when I knew that it is the base of all the makeup, I thought it was something that you shouldn’t put on every time you do your makeup, I thought it was supposed to be for a special occasion! So I had to struggle a lot when I first started doing my makeup! That’s why I’m writing this post to help out all the beginners out there as to what they need for a basic starter makeup kit! This can also be used as an everyday makeup look kit which you can put together and use everyday for when you don’t want to go full glam! So let’s get started! BE SMART! So the first thing anyone who is new to makeup would and should do

REVIEW!!! PROJECT BEAUTY HAIRGURT !

Hey Everyone Welcome Back To My Blog! Now when I shared my first ever Boxycharm experience with you guys, I told you all that I’ll be reviewing most of the products individually, so as promised, here’s a complete review of the Project Beauty Hairgurt Smoothing Yogurt Hair Masque! So if you’re someone who has been following my blog for some time now, you must know that ever since I underwent some health issues, that caused my hair to fall out and become extremely dry, damaged, and brittle, I’ve been trying out loads and loads of hair products just to get my hair back to it’s healthy self! And so I was really excited when I received this product in my Boxycharm. As soon as I got my hands on it, I jumped into the shower to try it on, so could share with you guys my personal opinions about the product. But first, let’s get into what the website has to say about it! CLAIMS ON THE WEBSITE! So in the intro, the website stated the following: “Wondering when your hair got a mi